Saturday 19 January 2013

POOVIEW: The Possession

A couple nights ago I unintentionally ended up watching The Possession. Such a delight. 


I don't exactly enjoy horror because it's usually all blood and high-pitched, big-breasted women screaming and running in the direction of death. I'm more of a comedy/romcom/foreign/action film junkie type. 

In The Possession there were no monstrous tits-- just a sweet girl being tormented and eaten inside out by some ancient Jewish demon. I don't know about you but seeing kids being possessed by the supernatural and fueled by revenge and egg sandwiches; I find it super disturbing. 


So basically you have this sweet girl being turned into a demon who happens to resemble Gollum. 


But let's be honest, Smeagol is pretty adorable. If I could have it my way and he existed I would have Smeagol as a pet and dress him up in maroon corduroy pants with a bowl hat to top it off. 

So--sweet girl gets all agitated because, hell, she's got a look-alike Smeagol living inside of her and it's such a relief she doesn't have an allergy to moths. If she did, I'm not sure how the movie would have continued. The moths were essential. 

By the beginning of the movie I had already wiki-ed it and knew all the scenes when to run to the kitchen and 'make more toast'. I spent the majority the movie under my red blanket that's splattered with cows, drinking tea with my eyes closed and calling out 'UNO!' as a warning to my Dad of the next creepy scene before scuttling back to the kitchen. 

All in all, I slept well that night. 

A POOVIEW RATING: 

Originality: Hardly any
Enjoyment: I don't remember
Mood: Sinister
Soundtrack: Surprisingly unique

No comments:

Post a Comment